HomeGeneral

General issues

TekRadius LT edition - Cannot authenticate PEAP Messages in this topic - RSS

adnan101
adnan101

adnan101
adnan101
Dear Experts,

I have used TekRadius previously for some lab testing like couple of months ago or maybe years (not sure the exact time) but the same setup worked flawlessly.

I need to authenticate users via username/password from aruba access point. I did it before and demoed to customers also. Now when i am using the latest version (downloaded yesterday) i cannot authenticate using the same setup. Its giving me this error "PEAP/EAP-TTLS Authentication failed. A valid certificate could not be found for user "xxxx"

I never installed any certs on the clients (i am using android phone) but tried using win 10 laptop, issue remains the same. In LT version i dont know where to upload the radius certificate also.

Anybody has any idea what i might be doing wrong, its supposed to work out of the box as it did before, perhaps something was changed in this version?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Hi,

PEAP and EAP-TTLS authentication methods requires a server certificate. This is basically a certificate created for "Server Authentication" purpose. TekRADIUS looks for a suitable certificate in Windows Certificate Store / Local Machine / Personal folder for such a certificate. You can create a certificate for Server Authentication using TekCERT. You can add TLS-Server-Certificate attribute as a check attribute to Default user profile or individual user profile. You can also specify server certificate in Settings / Service Parameters if you have a commercial license.
0 link