HomeInstallation

Installation Issues

Unable to create TekRADIUS DB and Tables Messages in this topic - RSS

TRusewk
TRusewk

TRusewk
TRusewk
Hi Yasin,

I just installed the latest version of the TekRADIUS on a Windows Server 2012 R2. After installation when I am trying to create the Database and Tables from the TekRADIUS Manager it is not working. I also tried to directly execute the TekRADIUS.sql file from the installation directory which also fails.

Environment Details:
Windows Server 2012 R2 (Fully Patched OS)
Latest version of TekRADIUS SQL Server version
TekRADIUS Installation Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\TekRADIUS

When I am executing the TekRADIUS.sql script I get an Access Denied error in the SQL Server. I am attaching the error output in the text file. Please assist.

Attachments:
Error.txt
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Hi,

Please try to create your database in a directory other than C:\Program Files (x86)\TekRADIUS. MS SQL service account, probably, does not have enough privilege to create a file in C:\Program Files (x86)\TekRADIUS folder. You can create a folder like C:\TekRADIUSDB and use it to create your database.

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN
0 link
TRusewk
TRusewk

TRusewk
TRusewk
Hi Yasin,

So I followed your advise and created a folder by the name of C:\TekRADIUSDB and executed the SQL scripts manually to create the tables, as through GUI, I wasn't able to create tables.

This is a standard installation, so the MS SQL Service account should have received enough privileges. Another thing I noticed is the setup file of TekRADIUS installs it by default under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\TekRADIUS" folder. Since TekRADIUS is 64-bit app the installer should install it in the "C:\Program Files\TekRADIUS" instead?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
You should normally use GUI to create database and tables. What type of error message have you received when you tried to create TekRADIUS database through the GUI? What is the error message when you use folder C:\TekRADIUSDB? TekRADIUS applications run in x64 mode even they are installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\TekRADIUS. You can verify this through Windows Task Manager.
0 link
TRusewk
TRusewk

TRusewk
TRusewk
Yes, I was trying to use the GUI to create the database and tables, but it was not working. I didn't get any error, but it was not working. I also checked by using the "Test Connection" which was returning connection is successful but database doesn't exist. When I was clicking on "Create Database" button it was showing initialing DB connection in the status bar but nothing was happening.

Now I created the database and tables manually in the C:\TekRADIUSDB folder. So I can't test it now. I also tried to create tables by using the GUI after creating the database in the C:\TekRADIUSDB but I was still not able to create the tables.

Yes, I know that TekRADIUS application runs in x64 mode, what I was saying is that the installer should install it in the "C:\Program Files\TekRADIUS" folder by default to avoid confusion.
0 link