HomeInteroperability

Interoperability with RADIUS clients & servers

Help with Unsupported EAP Method (0). Messages in this topic - RSS

roguetroop
roguetroop

roguetroop
roguetroop
Good morning and thank you for reading.

Before purchasing TekRadius LT, I wanted to verify that I can connect 2 specific devices to a Wi-Fi network. I have a very simple test setup which includes a laptop, a Netgear Router, an Android phone, and 1 embedded device.

I can connect the Android phone to the network using the following setup: PEAP-EAP-MS-CHAP-v2, no certificate (user name and password only).

For the second device (an embedded device with no OS using a Texas Instruments CC3200 module), I see "Unsupported EAP Method (0)" in the log. The embedded device uses EAP_PEAP0_MSCHAPv2. Wireshark shows that the connection is rejected. I have attached the log and wireshark image.

For both devices, I am using the same user (not at the same time). Can you please help me determine why the phone connects but the module does not when they appear to be using the same settings?

Thank you,
John

0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Hi,

Is it possible you to send Wireshark trace in .pcap format to yasin.kaplan@kaplansoft.com?

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN
0 link
roguetroop
roguetroop

roguetroop
roguetroop
Yasin,

Thank you for the reply. I have run the test again and attached the results.

John

0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Hi,

You may need to disable certificate checking or a flash upgrade for the embedded device.
0 link
roguetroop
roguetroop

roguetroop
roguetroop
Yasin,

Certificate checking is disabled on the embedded module and it has the latest service pack. It appears as though you are suggesting that the issue is on the module side where it does not fully adhere to the protocol. I will post an issue on the module forum and see what happens. Thank you for the support.

John
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
OK.I'll be waiting for your feedback.
0 link