HomeInstallation

Installation Issues

MAC auth after User Login Messages in this topic - RSS

jaceatoney
jaceatoney

jaceatoney
jaceatoney
Hi all,

Please link me if this has been asked before.

I've seen guides for strict MAC auth by adding each MAC as the username. What I want to do is a little different than that.

I want to authenticate users by login/password for 24 hours. Easy enough with Success-Reply Session-Timeout = 66535. However, I want to take the called-station-id from that successful authentication and then be able to MAC auth (Check called-station-id or somehow have called-station-id become a username?) for 24 hours. Reason being my controller may clear out a session on idle but then I don't want to have my user log back in when they reassociate (within that 24 hours).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jace
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Hi,

TekRADIUS can dynamically generate a user profile as User-Name = Calling-Station-Id this can be accomplished by adding External-Executable and executing trcli.exe under TekRADIUS application directory. You can pass Calling-Station-Id (ietf|31) as parameter to trcli.exe. Please see TekRADIUS manual for trcli operation and External-Executable usage.

Creation a user profile will not be enough since client will be authenticated with same username / password at re-connection. You need to have a user-profile named default and have External-Executable as a check attribute in this profile. You need to create a script or application which will check existence of a user profile which User-Name = Received Calling-Station-Id.

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN
0 link
jaceatoney
jaceatoney

jaceatoney
jaceatoney
Thank Yasin for your awesome support.

I need to generate the user profile (MAC) only on a Success. It doesn't seem I can utilize External-Executable on Success-Reply.

Secondly, the user will be authenticated with username(bob@bob.com),password(xyz) the first time. The second time they will need to be authenticated with the dynamically created profile username(MAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff),password(aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff).

Thirdly, I'll have to come up with a script to clear the MAC account after a set period of time. Any tips on this as well?

Thanks!
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Hi,

External-Executable can be added as "Check" attribute to user or group profiles. TekRADIUS evaluates returned DOS error level code and if it is 0 (Zero) it's assumed that authentication is successful.
You can remove User-Password (ietf|2) from the user profile and check it through External-Executable. This means you need to keep username and password pairs in another table which your executable or script
will fetch from.

A similar script can be used to check existence of MAC address in a TekRADIUS users table or another table and this script can return 0 if MAC address found. This script must be invoked by External-Executable in a user profile
named default.

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN
0 link