Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version. dismiss

HomeTekOTP

One Time Password (OTP) Generator for Windows based on RFC 2289

upgrade to enterprise for the OTP feature Messages in this topic - RSS

sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
I love this software and this is my first post on the forum. I noticed the Administrator that answers the questions is like a dream come true when it comes to solving any issues.I have the free version of TekRADIUS up and running smoothly. I use Peap (eap-ms-chap-v2) with TLS-Server-Certificate check,as an attribute. What is the easiest way to upgrade to enterprise version ($219) and use the One time password feature along with the configuration I already have? My Goal is to change as few settings as possible to be able to use the One time password feature. Will the $219 enterprise edition be sufficient for this and will it last for a long time? I read somewhere about an annual fee for support for OTP?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in TekRADIUS and your feedback.

You can use enterprise edition of TekRADIUS for OTP. You need to deploy RFC 2289 compliant OTP generators like TekOTP at clients.

Best regards,

Yasin KAPLAN
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
Yasin,
Thanks. I am fairly new to the Radius side of things and there aren't to many examples or tutorials on using one time passwords. My clients are permanent and they range from smart phones to laptops, iPods, all connecting to my wireless network. Would it be possible for me, the administrator to generate a one time password with TekOTP, then verbally give them the password for them to enter into their device when they connect? I was looking for a similar solution in the existing attributes but could not find one. Something like a one time login only.
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Well OTP's change every successful authentication. It's not practical to provide OTP for every connection. You can find RFC 2289 OTP generator for major mobile platforms. Bu you need to deploy them to mobile clients.
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
Yasin,
Thanks for the info. I just misunderstood how OTP's work.Appreciate the clarification. Could you suggest an alternative method via the Attributes to have wifi clients be able to connect only once? For example,if they "forget the network" in their smart phone or laptop i would have to go in and re-enable their log-in or something like that. As long as they dont forget the network their device would always be able to connect. Any suggestions?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
You can consider using Expire-Date attribute. Please see TekRADIUS Manual for details.
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
When using this attribute, once expired would the user not have to re-enter his username and password?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
You need to reset Expire-Date after expiration to allow user login.
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
I am getting the following message when trying to add expire-date attribute:
An invalid attribute found and deleted (kaplansoft | 2) [mscorlib]
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
I get the following message when trying to add expire-date attribute:
An invalid attribute found and deleted (kaplansoft | 2) [mscorlib]
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
Please download and install the latest built from http://www.kaplansoft.com/tekradius/release/tekradius.zip or http://www.kaplansoft.com/tekradius/release/tekradiuslt.zip
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
I have version 4.8.8.0. Is that not the latest?
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
I made some minor updates before officially release a new version.
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
Newbie question. I have the Tekradius installed on windows 7. How do i back up my Data base and restore it to a new install of Tekradius?
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
updated to the latest version now i cant create database or tables. CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. check related erros. When i try to create tables Tekradius crashes.the last version i had was more stable than this one.
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
What type of error message have your received? Does you SQL user have sa privileges? I have made some other updates today. Please also try the latest built.
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
My Sql user has sa privileges.
An error message i am getting is: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException(0x80131904): cannot open database "tekradius"requested by the login. the login failed.loginfailed for user 'sa'. at system.data.providerbase.dbconnectionpool.trygetconnection(dbconnection
0 link
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Admin
Admin
Administrator
OK. I think you should check sa password and also check is sa user is not disabled. Have you also enabled mixed mode authentication in SQL server settings?
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
Yes to all of the above.
0 link
sswfarm
sswfarm

sswfarm
sswfarm
another message i am gettting is as soon as i start Tekradius it says cannot open database"tekradius"requested by the login. the login failed. login failed for user 'sa'.(update group list)
0 link